Thursday, July 21, 2011

HAUʻOLI LĀ HĀNAU TO MEEEEE!

I finally turned the big ONE! and because of this landmark success, 
I had many celebrations!
First off Paradise Cove in Malibu where I found the rainforest of the ocean


ooh the memories of sand made me wanna go go go!
Nobody could keep their hands on me, not Aunty Jennifer
 not grandma...
Not even mom!
but when she finally caught me, she disclosed the mere fact that when my hair gets wet, I can resemble  Mr. Trump
I was so excited with Grandpa
and Uncle Rich
That trying to put me down for a nap was impossible!
which inevitably forced my first taste of real sugar
Everyone sang such an unfamiliar song, and I wanted nothing better than to clap!
and of course, snuck a few bites while mom wasnt looking!
Gifts, gifts, galore!
 and they kept coming...
 and coming,
and coming like the energizer bunny!
I love all my ʻohana and friends who helped me celebrate my birth, and yet I had no idea what mommy and daddy had in store for me
yes, bowling
are they crazy?  I mean... I cant even carry the big, orange ball!
but as usual, they redeem themselves for an actual JULY 12th celebration with that sweet stuff again!
But little did I know...
 We were headed to DISNEYLAND!
 And I gotta say I highly enjoyed it...
along with the most wonderful balloon Iʻve EVER seen!
Even these silly ears never bothered this birthday boy
With exhaustion plaguing me, I still conjured up the energy to dance!
My levels were completely extinct by the end of the day.  My first year was filled with joy, tears, exploration, pointing, running, bruises, delicious food, but better yet...laughing with every person I encountered.  Thank you to everyone who made me feel special and so lucky to be a part of this wonderful world!

No comments:

Post a Comment